MacLeod, P/M Peter R. Snr (1878 – 1965) & Jnr
Peter MacLeod Snr of Partick, Glasgow was born in Uig, Isle of Lewis on 13th December 1878. He left to work as a shipwright in Connell’s Shipbuilders in Whiteinch and Govan Fairfields where an accident led to the amputation of his right leg and ended his employment. He was in the 7th Cameronians T.A. and became P/M in WW1 where he was in Egypt and Gallipoli. Stopped work after the amputation but went back to the shipyards in 1941 and retired in 1955 (sounds remarkable, but apparently he worked well into his 70s) Lived for many years at 7 Exeter Drive, Partick and composed over 200 tunes. He taught his own sons Peter and Ian as well as others. Died in Erskine Hospital on 16th June 1965.